The HeartWare™ HVAD™ Pump is the world’s smallest, commercially available, full-support centrifugal VAD designed to be implanted completely within the pericardial space.
Because every adult BTT patient is unique
The unique integrated inflow cannula design offers the flexibility to fit into smaller framed patients and treat more complex patients. It also allows for stable inflow – even with body habitus changes eliminating complication of malposition.2
Easy to implant
- The small size reduces the need for a pump pocket, which may lead to decreased bleeding and decreased blood product use1
- Allows for less invasive exchange and explant1
- A 10mm outflow graft to the artery reduces the anastomotic size by approximately 50% compared to other devices, leading to flexibility of arterial landing sites
1. Sabashnikov, a, et al. Outcomes in patients receiving Heartmate II versus HVAD left ventricular device as a bridge to transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2014;46:1469-75.
2. Sorensen EN, et al, Computed tomography correlates of inflow cannula malposition in a continuous-flow ventricular-assist-device. J Heart Lung Transpl 2013;32 (6):654-657.