PROVEN. TRUSTED. COMMITTED.
42% of all heart transplants are bridged to transplant with a VAD.1 Our committment to advance the treatment of end-stage heart failure has never been stronger.
The HeartWare HVAD System is the most widely studied implanted centrifugal ventricular device.2-5
2000+ patients enrolled in HeartWare HVAD trials.
350 hospitals trust the HeartWare HVAD System.
47 countries around the world
totaling more than 13,000 patients.*
*Source data on file with Medtronic as of April 2017
We continually learn and innovate, further advancing the treatment of end-stage heart failure, striving to improve patient outcomes and the clinical experience of your practice.
1. Lund, L, et al. For the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation, The Registry of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. Thirty-second Official Adult Heart Transplantation Report – 2015; Focus Theme: Early Graft Failure, J Heart Lung Transplant. 2015;34:1244-1254.
2. Rogers, J, et al. Intrapericardial left ventricular assist device for advanced heart failure. NEJM 2017;376:451-460.
3. Aaronson, KD, et al. Use of an intrapericardial, continuous-flow, centrifugal pump in patients awaiting heart transplantation. Circulation 2012;125(25): 3191–3200.
4. Strueber, M, et al. Multi-center evaluation of an intrapericardial left ventricular assist system. JACC 2011;57: 1375-1382.
5. Slaughter, M, et al. HeartWare ventricular assist system for bridge to transplant: combined results of the bridge to transplant and continued access protocol trial. J Heart Lung Transpl 2013;32: 675–683.